Sunday, July 17, 2011

Our Chicken Finger Recipe

First thing you NEED is this wonderful seasoning I found a few years ago.  I don't even remember where I got it, more than likely Big Lots and never could find it anywhere again.  Was glad when I found I could find it on Amazon.  (it's amazing on baked fish)  I'm sure there is something similar you could use this is just what I use in everything.  It's great on pork chops and grill them.





So, we used boneless, skinless breast.

Cut into the size pieces you want.  We did strips but you could easily do nuggets too.

Soak in buttermilk with about 1 1/2 tablespoons of red hot sauce.  (this adds flavor not a ton of heat.  My little one ate them with no prob).

In a bowl of flour (about four cups) I added about 1/8 cup of the bbq seasoning (I'm guessing, I cook like my gram... never measure)

black pepper (I'm not a huge pepper person so just a few shakes)

Onion powder ( probably 2 tbsp)

Panko Japanese bread crumbs (not regular, need the panko for the extra crunch)

Once your chicken has sat for at least an hour dredge in the flour mix and deep fry.

I actually put each strip in the flour mix and pressed on the mix w/the back of spoon.  These were SOOOO good.  The panko bread crumbs make them extra crunchy.

We made a HUGE amount of strips so you might need to adjust your seasoning depending on your batch.   I just put it in until it smelled good.  I think the onion powder was a big key.

Enjoy and if you make them I'd love for you to come back and let us know what you think.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Comment HERE

Almost 20/20-

To think that in less than three weeks the year 2020 will be here is surreal. To think that I am about to be grandma to 18 in February is ...