Monday, April 5, 2010

Day One…. Again.

DISCLAIMER:  I am about to be brutally honest!  It is going to hurt.  You're safe... it's me that is going to be in pain.  Just sayin'...

As with many of us I am starting over... again.  My weight loss journey began many moons ago.  After my second child was born (who is now 19) I swore I would loose weight.  I worked out and worked out, I changed eating habits, I walked at least two miles a day, on good days I did four and NOTHING happened.  So... I did what many of us humans do best.  I   GAVE   UP.

So, fast forward about 17 years.... I decide as I am approaching 40... rather rapidly, that it's time to do it.  It's time to LOOSE.   So... I signed up for weight watchers.  You know what.  I did it.  I lost weight.  Right @ 30 pounds.  I was shocked.  I was amazed. 

I wound up pregnant!  LOL   So... loosing weight helps your libido... yes... that had something to do with it but loosing weight can also trigger ovulation if you have PCOS  (poly cystic ovarian syndrome).  I did not know this.  (I seriously think it should be in the weight watchers brochure...for real!)  I had been told that for hubby and I to have a child of “our own” (he has two I have three) we would need to see expensive infertility docs and endure treatments etc.  We decided it wasn’t for us years ago and just went on with life.  (God does have a sense of humor)

So, not only had I started weight watchers but after being laid off from my job at a bank I had decided to go to college.  Go figure... I go to college and get knocked up!

Since I was a "mother of advance age" (like that title didn't make me feel a bit over the hill)  I did have a few complications with my pregnancy.  I finished my first semester at college and did not re-enroll for another one. (yet)

My son was born last year on May 22, 2009 @ a whopping 10 lbs 3 oz. 

Hang on here comes the pain:

When I got pregnant and went to my last weight watchers meeting I weighed 203 lbs.   The day I gave birth I was 208.  At my six week check up I was 187. (hadn’t seen that number in YEARS)

I am now 216.

Does that piss me off?  Hell ya!  What in the hell was I thinking???  I began weight watchers at 228 so to be at 187 was 41 pounds lost!!  41!!!! That is a HUGE number.  And now... I have gained 29 pounds!!!  29!!!  How utterly lame of me to get into the snacking all the time mode... on whatever tasted good.

Sure, I had a great excuse... while I was pregnant I had absolutely NO appetite.  None.  Zilch.  I had to FORCE myself to eat.  After I had Aiden my appetite returned with a vengeance. -- I had to eat MORE calories because I was breastfeeding. -- Etc...  Now, it's time to pay the piper. (whoever he is)

I decided to start again AFTER I had eaten two English muffins for breakfast, slathered with (sigh) REAL butter, and drank the equivalent of six cups of coffee in my HUGE mug.  At least I used splenda right?  So, I was brutally honest and put them in my food journal.  As I sat down to write this I measured out what 8 ounces of water was (God forbid I drink MORE than the daily requirement)  I figured out that my favorite blue cup holds three 8 ounce servings of water AND one green coffee mug of ice. 2 1/2 of those a day and I have met my goal for water drinking!!

Ok, so I digressed from my story a wee bit.

My son is 10 months now...  he is getting more active.  As I packed on the pounds again I began to feel rather like a slug again, or a sloth... you know, the real slow moving animal that looks like he is in slow motion ALL the time.  (Can you imagine if they actually put him in slow motion?  It would take 10 minutes to see one movement)


If I am having issues keeping up now how am I ever going to keep up once the walking and running begins?? 

So, back on the diet and exercise road I head.  Actually, I am just going to do like I did with weight watchers.  A lifestyle change.  Fish for dinner.  (which I adore) More chicken.  Turkey... less JUNK.  So, overall this will be a good change for my health, my weight AND my bank account.

So, set back and hang on …. it’s going to be a bumpy ride.

My motivation:

DSC02230

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Comment HERE

Almost 20/20-

To think that in less than three weeks the year 2020 will be here is surreal. To think that I am about to be grandma to 18 in February is ...