Sunday, June 7, 2009

Our Newest Family Member

Wow!  I have really been lax and not even updated as to our son's arrival into our family.

 

On May 21st I went into labor... while my van was having new tires installed my contractions started 3 min apart and we were two hours from the hospital.  Not to fear though, as Aiden did not really want to arrive.

 

I spent about 33 hours in labor before doc decided a c section the best route to take.  Aiden would not drop down into the birth canal and when my contractions would get intense he was showing signs of stress.  The whole c section was scary as I have never had one before and I endured a lot of blood loss.  My son was large so my incision had to be cut larger.  It's a long story and I am not up to writing it all out yet but here are his stats and some photos:

 

May 22, 2009 @ 9:05 pm we welcomed 10 lb 3 1/4 ounce Aiden Wyatt.  He was 21 inches long and his head and chest both measured 15 inches!  The nurse thought the head measurement had to be wrong and did it three times to be sure!

 

DSC06700

 

DSC06715

 

DSC06773

 

Here is Aiden taken last week when we were headed for his older brother's high school graduation.  Yup, I've had a new son and a son graduate all with in two weeks.  It has been busy at our house.

DSC07042

 

I know, he looks much older.  In this pic he was not even a full two weeks old yet! 

3 comments:

  1. Congrats!!!!!!!! What a handsome boy!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations on the arrival of precious little Aiden. Jehovah is so good to have given you such a wonderful blessing. He is so gorgeous and yes, such a big boy too. Our little girl (as the name suggest is really little) was only 6 lbs 9 oz and 19 inches long -- well we are not tall people anyway... just have alot of rest and hope you heal well soon. I had cs as well but our doctor did well when we always reiterated our blood directive... you look after bub and yourself ok and hope to hear more from you and little Aiden... Hannah Elisse's pics are on my blog so feel free to drop by

    Jigi
    Syd, Aus

    ReplyDelete

Please Comment HERE

Almost 20/20-

To think that in less than three weeks the year 2020 will be here is surreal. To think that I am about to be grandma to 18 in February is ...