Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Baby it's Cold Outside!

Yikes is it ever chilly this morning.  It's supposed to be worse tomorrow.  NPR radio local station said 17 degrees in the morning with a wind chill of 8 degrees!  That is just not something you hear much of in Florida, single digits! 

It didn't seem too bad when I first came out at 6:30 this a.m. to start the van to warm up but by 8 a.m. the wind had picked up and it is down right bone chilling, even to a a pregnant woman with extra layers.  :)

 

I am, once again, setting in the van waiting on Lew.  He has only two classes this a.m. and by the time I got home would only have to turn back around and go get him again.  I have, however, been able to get wi-fi signal so I am not too bored.  On days I can't get it or that it takes awhile to connect I have my Bible and some other reading with me to do.

 

Yesterday after dropping him off I went home because I had to complete all the paperwork for social security!  That took almost five hours.  I had to dig out and make copies of bills and pay stubs for the last two months!  What a pain but hopefully it will pay off.  One thing it did make me realize is that hubby and I need to set down and make a budget and he needs to learn to stick to it.  Things are going to be WAY tight with the 300+ a month cut in social security for the kids AND my loss of unemployment.  In June things will go from tight to holy crud when Lew graduates high school and no longer gets social security payments. 

It bites that all this  happened.  With child support we would get it until he graduates college and that would help us be able to help him with gas money etc.  I don't know what will become of the back money my x owes me from the nine months he didn't pay a single penny before he got disability set up.  I'll probably never see it I'm sure. 

 

This week we are using $115 dollars and getting the stroller/car seat travel system.  We are buying it used.  A girl offered it on craigs list and it has only been used for 3 months.  The same set up at wally world is on sale for 169.99.  This will be a great thing to have as when Aiden is just over a month old we will have our district  convention in Gainesville, FL.  My kids, as most of you know, are all older.  25, 21, 21, 17 and 16.  I have never been to a convention with an infant so any of my sisters or brothers out there that would like to share tips and tricks for getting through with an infant... :)  it would be greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Comment HERE

Almost 20/20-

To think that in less than three weeks the year 2020 will be here is surreal. To think that I am about to be grandma to 18 in February is ...