Friday, July 8, 2011

Ten Family TV Show's I'd Like To Make A Comeback

This weeks writer's workshop from MamaKat is:
Prompt 1:  A list of 10 old TV shows you’d like to make a comeback.




Shows I miss the most are family shows that we can watch as a family together.  Much like MamKat mentioned in her post. 
Some of my fondest memories growing up were of my grandfather.  He worked out of town and would come home on Thursday nights.  He would take us to the store to buy "pop" and chips and we would go home and all watch the Walton's together.  When he retired we added Monday to our tradition to watch Little House together.  So ingrained in my memory that I even remember the days of the week they were on. 




So, here is my list, in no specific order.


No Ordinary Family


I was excited when I first say this show as it was a fun show we could watch together.  TV exec's don't think much of family shows these days I guess.



The Waltons

(I love that I can now watch re-runs daily on the Hallmark Channel)


Little House on the Prairie
(ditto on what I said above... re-runs daily on Hallmark)


7th Heaven



Land Of The Lost
I remember this from early childhood and loved it.



MacGyver


Mama's Family



Rosanne


Reba



And just for the fun of it:

Wonder Woman












2 comments:

  1. We like Waltons and Little House on The Prairie too! I remember watching some of your other ones too though.

    Here's a link to my list:
    http://zemeks.blogspot.com/2011/07/karens-top-10-tv-shows-writers-workshop.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the Waltons and Little House on the Prairie and lately my daughter has been into Little House on the Prairie. She has been watching it on one of those cable channels. I don't remember which one.

    I am a new follower and fellow member of the Time 4 Mommy community. Visit my daughter and I at our blog, Says Me Says Mom (http://saysmesaysmom.blogspot.com where we talk about anything and everything.

    ReplyDelete

Please Comment HERE

Almost 20/20-

To think that in less than three weeks the year 2020 will be here is surreal. To think that I am about to be grandma to 18 in February is ...