Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A New Favorite Website

I have been going to blog about this site I found for a few weeks now.  I love it.  The more I use it the more I love it! 

I had originally found ZipList when searching for a way to make grocery lists easier.  That it does.  But there is another feature that I find I use even more frequently that I love.  The recipe box!

I have used and still have recipe boxes on a zillion sites.  You know, you go to food network and save your fav’s there, more on recipe zaar etc.  Then you try to remember where you found what and before you know it you have wasted HOURS trying to find the ONE recipe you were looking for and all you have is a head ache to show for it.

Ziplist is great.  You drag this little icon to your tool bar or add a shortcut to your favorites.  When you are on a site with a recipe you hit it!

2010-07-06_224340

So when I am on a site I click the little saved link and a box opens up.  If it recognizes a recipe it loads it in.  Many times I get my recipes from blogs or other sites that ziplist doesn’t recognize.  Still easy.  Ziplist opens blank and I copy and paste.  Then I save to my recipe box.  I can type my own notes etc. if need be.  When I go to my recipe box on ziplist there are all my recipes and links to the original sites!   There is also an option to add to recipe box AND list.  It puts all the ingredients on your list you have in progress so they are already there!!

2010-07-06_225853

Here is what my recipe box looks like:

2010-07-06_230304

And my grocery list page (which can be sent to your mobile phone….how cool is that??)

2010-07-06_231044

Notice where walmart is circled. You can add your own stores then show only the lists for things that are on your list for that store!  You can use it for meal planning and over all organizing your shopping!

Ok, I’ve barely even touched on the greatness of this site so go check it out for yourself.  You’ll love it.  I promise.

Go on it's free!  Find it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Comment HERE

Almost 20/20-

To think that in less than three weeks the year 2020 will be here is surreal. To think that I am about to be grandma to 18 in February is ...