Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Homemade laundry soap

I made my homemade laundry soap and let it set for the 24 hour waiting period. It is goopy. It doesn't smell bad at all. I did not add any oils to it for smell.

Here is what it looks like:

DSC05588


DSC05590 

Here is hubby's shirt BEFORE:

DSC05586 

up close on the stain with is more than likely some type of oil from his chain saws he uses. Generally unless I way pretreat with zout AND borax nothing will come out.


DSC05587 

I did NOT use any pretreat at all. 

Here is the results. I was VERY surprised!

DSC05604 


DSC05603 

There is only a very light stain left. This is awesome for a shirt he wore to work. It is very difficult to get these oils out of his shirts. I am sure if I had pretreated the whole thing would have come out but this was my test... 

Cost breakdown to make the soap. .51 cents for 2 gallons! about a tenth of a penny per load! Big difference from Tide which is usually around .33 cents a load or more.


I got the recipe from the above site.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Comment HERE

Almost 20/20-

To think that in less than three weeks the year 2020 will be here is surreal. To think that I am about to be grandma to 18 in February is ...