Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A Quick Dinner Cheat

 

There is a place here that you can get a whole large pizza for $5.00.  Not bad.  Cheaper than many frozen ones.  However, we are a 35 min. drive from town.

There are many nights when I don’t feel like cooking.  So,  hubby will pick us up 2 of the $5.00 pizzas about once a month.   You might be thinking 2 pizza’s for two people…that’s a lot.  What I do, however, is take two pieces at a time (after completely cool) and wrap in foil and pop in the freezer.  On those night I don’t want to cook or I want a quick lunch.  I pull out a package open the foil and pop on a baking sheet to heat up.

My hubby will pop his in the microwave but I like my crust crunchy so it’s oven all the way.  It’s so much better than the frozen pizza’s from the store and freezing it in 2 piece packages allows us to just fix what we want instead of making a whole pizza. 

This came in handy last night.  Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Comment HERE

Almost 20/20-

To think that in less than three weeks the year 2020 will be here is surreal. To think that I am about to be grandma to 18 in February is ...