Friday, July 16, 2010

Changes in Perspective

Funny how age can change how you look at something.  Change how much fun something is.

Lets jump back 20 years or so…. pulling an all nighter was FUN!  It was something to be proud of.  It was something you did with a group of friends watching movies and it didn’t bother you that you had to be somewhere at 8 am.

Jump to today.  You are up at 4 a.m. (ok, I might be referring to myself here) you have been to bed, tossed and turned, finally gave up and got up.  You have watched the clock tick by. Another hour and a half and the sun will be up.

Twenty years ago:  Yes!  We did it!  We stayed up all night!!!

Now:  O  M   G  how am I going to function today?  Should I try to sleep for a couple hours or will I not wake up till after noon?  I need melatonin.  WHY in the world am I still awake?

See, it’s all in how you look at it.

So, in two hours I’m going to shout Yahoooo! and see if that helps.

If nothing else it will wake my baby up and he’ll be sure to keep me awake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Comment HERE

Almost 20/20-

To think that in less than three weeks the year 2020 will be here is surreal. To think that I am about to be grandma to 18 in February is ...