Thursday, July 30, 2009

Life as a new “old” mom

So, when life gives you lemons you make lemonade.  When life throws you a baby at 40 you get back into the swing of changing diapers and breastfeeding!

I think I am almost there.  I have learned many things have changed since having my other children 17 years ago.  With my oldest I was told she was to be put to bed on her tummy only…no exceptions.  With the next two I was to put them on their sides with blankets on front and back to keep them there…no exceptions. With Aiden he is to sleep on his back “no exceptions”.  Hello… does this make sense…. once they learn to roll they end up where ever they want anyways and there is nothing I can do about it. (am I supposed to tie him down?  maybe I should have asked the doctor that?)

I have also discovered they get WAY too many shots these days.  They wanted to give him five.  I stopped them at four and an oral one.  I should have only let them do one.  Next time I think I will.  He was fussy for four days.  No fever just fussy… and since he have five vaccinations how do I know which one he was reacting to?  Doctor’s go to school for years in order to loose all common sense.

Wow, this post is turning into a rant…huh?

I was also told that my son is “short”.  Well hello… his parents are NOT andre the giant… you expected something different?  Again… loss of all common sense. 

My youngest daughter, Emily, who is 17 was given a horse.  Ironically the horses’ name is “free”.  Why that is her name is beyond me.  She will more than likely change it.  I suggested Avalon.  I think it’s pretty as the horse is pretty.

She is keeping the horse up the road at some friends’ house and is paying for the horse feed and hay.  So far she isn’t whining about that but I am waiting…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Comment HERE

Almost 20/20-

To think that in less than three weeks the year 2020 will be here is surreal. To think that I am about to be grandma to 18 in February is ...