Tuesday, May 19, 2009

What a Monday!!!!


Started off leaving house at 7:40 for my appt at the doc's office to see the GYN there.  Contractions were at about 5 min apart and hurting.  Got there they put me on the monitor.  They were all shocked that I hadn't delivered over the weekend.  She checked me and I was still at one and she said "i can not believe with all the contractions you are having you are still at one!"

She decided to call Dr. Pillow which is the one on call and see if he would schedule a c section for the next day (now today).  He asked for me to come to his office to be evaluated.  He did the same stuff including another internal and P test.  He said he thought I had a bladder infection and that was why I was in pain.  I think he was shying away from doing the c section due to my medical directive but of course I can not be sure of this...he may have just had a golf game planned for today.  So, he prescribed an antibiotic and told me to go back to labor and delivery at 2 pm to be reevaluated and see if I dilated anymore.

This was @ 11 a.m.  So we walked around wally world till my prescription was ready (an hour and a half if you can believe it!!) then grabbed a sub for lunch and killed the next hour visiting with Hullon's brother and his wife. (she is designing our nieces wedding cake for next month so she welcomed the break).  We went in at 2 and they hooked me to the monitors.  The contractions were closer and stronger.

Hullon and Lew took off to find a drink which took them 45 minutes. (i was not too happy about that).  In that 45 min. they did a quick ultrasound and found Aiden's head is not resting on my right hip (which explains the pain there when I tried to lay on that side yesterday).  So,they had doc Manos which is the one with no bedside manner come in to verify since he was in the next room with a regular patient of his.  He check said "yup that's a head"...  I asked him "since his head is in the right direction can you PLEASE induce me before he decides to flip again.  I really do NOT want a c section."   He actually grinned (didn't know he had it in him) and said "I don't see why we couldn't try starting some pit and just see what happens but I have to verify with Pillow as he is on call".   Since I am writing this you know what the valuable Dr. Pillow said... so, with my contractions at four minutes apart they sent me home. (since they had me off the contraction monitor for 30 min after the ultrasound and then said -- o you are not contracting even though they had put me back on for 15 min and saw them every 4 min... ugh)  They also informed me before I left that Dr. Pillow had been wrong and I DID NOT have a bladder infection but to take ONE MORE dose of the antibiotic and then quit!  Now, why would I need just one more dose..????  UGH.

We walked at Big Lots for a bit close to the hospital just to make sure they didn't get any closer then got home around 6 or so.  Contractions lasted a few more hours and I was asleep by about 11:30.  I never even woke up last night to P or even turned over!  I guess I was totally exhausted. 

I am calling my doc's office this a.m. to let them know I didn't get scheduled and to see if they will squeeze me in with her on Thurs. a.m. (she is due back Thurs according to her voice mail).  Not sure if she will try to induce or just do a c section... who knows how BIG Aiden is by now!  I know I feel like a whale now!  I am hoping that he will drop the rest of the way down and things will kick into high gear...

Just figured I'd give you the full update.

1 comment:

  1. Yike!!!!!!! You know they did almost the same thing with Bear. I spent 3 1/2 weeks in labor they said if I had him to soon that he would be a preemie , now keep in mind that the day I went into labor ( and didn't know it lol ever had a labor pain with the big kids) they checked his weight and he was 7 lbs 11 ozs how is that preemie??. When I finally had him he was 8 lds 15 ozs. I swear Dr's are morons sometimes. Good luck I'll keeo you in my prayers.


Please Comment HERE

Gone Far Too Long

Why did I ever get away from my blog? Oh yeah... life. My "baby" will be 9 next week.  My husband has faced kidney failure and...