Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Sorta Like A Corn Dog

So, tonight I wanted corn dogs. I don't eat the corn dog wanna be's from the frozen food section at the grocery store. I make them from scratch. My problem... not supposed to be frying things. So.... here is what I did.

I took three boxes of Jiffy Corn Bread Mix and made up per the boxes directions... (I added about a tablespoon of mustard since we like mustard on our corn dogs) I then cut up a package of hot dogs in to bite size pieces. I poured my corn bread mix into my cast iron skillet that was well greased (you can use a 13 x 9 pan but we love the crunchy crust from the cast iron) I then added the hot dogs pushing them down a bit. Bake @ 350 for about 30-40 min or until golden brown and a knife comes out clean.

Served with baked beans.

Not much left so it went over well!

1 comment:

  1. This sounds great, never thought of it. I can't wait to try it :)

    ReplyDelete

Please Comment HERE

Almost 20/20-

To think that in less than three weeks the year 2020 will be here is surreal. To think that I am about to be grandma to 18 in February is ...