Friday, May 7, 2010

Pampers… such a disappointment.

So, last week I was fighting a battle against a severely red bum on my son. The red bum was winning.  I literally went through a whole tube of A&D in two days!  My son (for those new to my blog) is 11 months old.  He has never had so much as a pimple on his tush.  My oldest daughter, (now 21), used to get bad rashes if she ate anything tomato based.  By day three of the issue I was racking my brain to think of what he had been fed the last few days.  I came up empty.  He had had nothing different in over a week. 

On the fourth night we were watching the 11 o’clock news and saw a promo for what was coming up next.. it said “Dangerous Diapers?”  So, since I was impatient I googled Pampers and found a plethora of stories about people complaining about the new DryMax Pamper causing rashes, blisters and chemical burns.  This is where a light bulb went off.  My son’s red bum really couldn’t be called a rash, it did look like a burn and guess what.  The day before the rash started… I used my first Pampers with the new “drymax technology”.  

If you have heard about the complaints and issue here is a link that tells a bit of what is going on.  News Story

One story I found referred to a Facebook page with complaints.  I could not find the page referred to but did find Pampers Official Facebook Page  There I read their denial that the diapers are causing issues.  I also found page after page after page of complaints from parents.  I admit, I added mine, not that I have heard from them.  In the first story I linked to above a Pampers reps make the following statements:

    "It doesn't make any scientific sense whatsoever," she said. "The research does not support it and the product has really been shown to be safe. It's not new. It's just put together in a different way. It doesn't make any rational sense that the diaper itself could be causing any kind of chemical burn." Loiselle is also identified as a clinical instructor at Mount Sinai Medical Center. Jodi Allen, Pampers General Manager for North America, took aim at the anti-dry Max movement. "It's been fueled by social media. And I can tell you, that Pampers with Dry Max are safe, and those rumors are absolutely false," Allen said.”

Well, I am not a scientist but I know the diapers caused my son’s red bum.  That night after the news I lifted him from his crib and changed him while he was still asleep.  I had some cheap diapers in the closet that had been given to me before Aiden was born.  They were Playskool brand sold at CVS.  I put one on him.  I did not add any A&D.  By morning his bum looks sooo much better.   The bright red raised area was now a light pink.  Three diapers later absolutely no rash was left.

Mom’s know their children.  Pampers… listen to the moms and dad’s of the world.  How dare you dismiss not just hundreds but thousands of complaints.  WE are the ultimate scientists…if we tell you your diapers are making our children’s bums sore…. they are.  In the long run the drop in sales should get you right where it hurts, in the wallet you carry close to your bums.

Tomorrow I will be buying Huggies.  I will NOT buy Pampers again until they are converted back to before DryMax state.   I have used Pampers for 11 months and until now you have served me well…. but my son’s bum says no more!


UPDATE MAY 9
If you would like to file a complaint with the Consumer Product Safety Commission here is the link: CLICK HERE

I filed mine tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Comment HERE

Almost 20/20-

To think that in less than three weeks the year 2020 will be here is surreal. To think that I am about to be grandma to 18 in February is ...